7.31.2009

From the Father-In-Law

Not mine, Cader's. My dad Daryl wrote this for you:
***
Cader, I clearly remember what I was thinking in 1968, the day before I deployed to a declared Combat Zone. Surprisingly I did not feel nervous because I, like you, was ready. We received the best training in the world which gives soldiers the confidence they need. I was just engaged, you are a few steps beyond that, and got married a week after I got back. The time will go quickly because you have electronic communications and do not have to rely on letters.

So I will tell you, be safe, be smart, and be back soon, We are proud of you!!
***

And we are! Thanks dad. My parents have been married for 41 years this November so I appreciate any confidence and well wishes from my dad, he knows his stuff!

P.s. Happy Birthday Hunter!! The big 3, now you are all done with your "terrible two's", right Kelly? Ha ha ha!

1 comment: